Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Meeting with Debbie and Stefan - New gallery on site

Monday I met Debbie and Stefan to chat about her joining the team as a researcher. I think it will all work very well, Debbie looks at Second Life from a totally new perspective and knows it well.
From my angle, I have provided her with the Activities and Outcomes framework I have started, hopefully we can work together on that to create some new activities.
Two things Debbie mentioned which I have to follow up are Grantswatch and the Terranova mailing list.
Yesterday I was introduced to a new gallery system called Piclens (http://www.cooliris.com/) (VERY WORTH VISITING AND DOWNLOADING)

It allows for some amazing gallery style 3d views of images online(using a small plugin and some publishing software.)
The idea behind using this is that it can be used during demonstrations/conferences, to flick through a wall of photos and snapshots from the project. The kids will also be shown this in class and encouraged to take snapshots from within SL to add to it.
The site is down today, which made me panic, but then Mdwebhosting.com.au is down as well, they are terrible.
Online conference for Skoolaborate at 4.20pm EST today, looking forward to seeing what's on the way this year.

No comments: